Sunday, August 4, 2013

Golf Carts and IGAs

Dear Erie Neighbors,

Wow, that was a crazy storm we had Saturday night!  I hope you, your family, and property are safe.

I want to share information about IGAs and get your input on having golf carts on the trails and/or streets in Erie.

On the topic of IGAs (Intergovernmental Agreements), I support collaboration with our neighboring cities and counties.  I wrote a guest opinion to the Hometown Weekly newspaper. You can find it by clicking here.

There is talk about legalizing golf carts on the trails in Erie.  I am currently not in favor of mixing strollers, walkers, joggers, and cyclists with motorized vehicles, but would like to hear from you before I am required to make a decision.  Please let me know what you think below.


Take Care,
Janice



===== Update on 8/13/13 - Survey Results =====

Thank you for all the great feedback on golf carts on our trails and streets.  You can find the results and comments by clicking here.

A quick summary:
  • 249 responses
  • 80% do not want golf carts on the trails primarily for safety reasons
  • 53% do not want golf carts on the streets
The comments are where you'll find more insight on why Erie residents feel the way they do. 

I did share the results with the other members of the Board of Trustees.

In the end no motion was made to consider golf carts on Erie's trail system.   A motion was made to consider golf carts on our streets with speed limits 35 mph or lower by Mayor Wilson and seconded by Trustee Grassi.   The motion failed 3-4.






No comments:

Post a Comment